Favorite Villain....

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Favorite Villain?

Jareth the Goblin King from "Labyrinth"
No votes
Lord Voldemort
No votes
Darth Maul
No votes
Darth Vader
No votes
Yosemite Sam
No votes
Nightmare from "Soul Caliber"
100%
That green sphere thing from "Heavy Metal"
No votes
Venom
No votes
The Joker
No votes
Smaug from "The Hobbit"
No votes

Total votes : 1

Favorite Villain....

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:06 pm

who is your favorite villain? answer, please!!!!
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:19 pm

Dude, you left out Sephiroth. Not that he's my pick, but that's still a pretty glaring omission. You're also missing Sauron, as well as Melkor/Morgoth and Emperor Palpatine for that matter. And what about Megatron? Or Lex Luthor? Magneto or Juggernaut? Jafar or Captain Hook? Megabyte or Hexadecimal? What of Hannibal Lector? What of King Kong, Godzilla, and Jaws? What of Hitler, Genghis Khan, or Xerxes?

Also, Satan/Lucifer. He's been in so many movies, books, stories, etc. Don't forget Loki, Coyote, and all the various trickster gods in ancient polytheisms. Or monsters and demons such as the Minotaur, Hydra, etc.

Of the available selections I'd have to say Smaug, but amongst all villains... hmmm...

Emperor Palpatine. Too tricky, too powerful, too well portrayed, and he actually succeeded. He just didn't last long enough to die a natural death before the rebellion got him from his own overconfidence and recklessness.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:24 pm

okay, point taken, I should have put in Jaws, Genghis Khan, and Sephiroth. Funny thing is the poll options have like an eight option limit. I actually did put Sauron in there, but I had to cut him out for the final submission. Also, I didn't want to put Hitler or Satan because I thought I'd offend somebody. Megatron was also an initial selection, but I cut him too. I don't think I would put Loki as a villain just because he's more of a jackass than a villain. I definitely would have put Darkseid over Lex Luthor. Interesting that you chose Emperor Palpatine.... I never thought anyone would choose him. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, Draco.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo