Concerts

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Concerts

Postby Dracofrost » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:56 pm

What concerts have y'all ever been to? What were they like? Any you looking forward to going to soon?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Megafrost » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:07 am

The closest thing I've gone to is one of Joe's gigs with his bands. And more often than not it's because I accompany someone else there.

I'm boring.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:47 am

The last concert I went to was for the Dresden Dolls down at the Variety Playhouse in Little Fivepoints in Atlanta (Little Fivepoints is sortof like 6th street in Austin, I guess). That was fun ^_^

The Dresden Dolls fucking rocked the house down. They're utterly insane, and it' awesome. It makes me want to be like Brian Viglione sometimes. Yeah... he's nuts.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Belkana » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:33 am

I've never been to a concert, so don't worry mega, you're not the biggest loser. I mean common my 36 year old father was at a Billy Talent concert last night.
Moo. Meow.
Belkana
Traveler

Postby OmegaFrost » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:03 am

hmmmm.... no concerts.... music festivals..... too many to remember....

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Re: Concerts

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:34 pm

So sorry, but I have GOT to resurrect this thread!! Where has it been all my life?! :love

Anyway, here it goes....
1.) My first concert was seeing Billy Idol in 2004. It was a few months before his album "Devil's Playground" came out, so he played some of his more famous songs with some new ones. My dad took me, and looking back, it was a pretty goofy concert.
2.) About a year later, I saw a concert called "American Metal Blast Tour 2005." Stephen Pearcy (formerly of Ratt) opened the show with his solo band, followed by the (then) current line up of L.A. Guns (they were awesome live), and finally, W.A.S.P. headlined the damn show. Personally, I hope Blackie Lawless never goes out of business, or at least never stops touring. His lyrics are pretty controversial, but I love the music.
3.) I saw Motley Crue play their "Carnival of Sins" show literally two months later. I was originally planning on taking a date with me, but my friend had just ended a relationship with his longtime girlfriend, so I took him. It was a few hours long, but it was all the band playing, with sideshow stage performers/freaks/perverts/sluts. It's definitely the biggest show I've been to, and the audience was insane.
4.) Five months later, I saw Trapt, Chevelle, and Nickelback play in that order at the same concert. Trapt and Nickelback were awesome, but Chevelle sucked (which was fine since I've never liked their music). The bands I liked did an awesome job, but the audience was completely unenthusiastic about everyone except the headliner. I haven't really listened to Nickelback since.... :|
5.) That summer, I went to Warped Tour 2006. I mainly went to see Less Than Jake play, but I wanted to keep my eyes open for new talent. Most of the bands, unfortunately, sucked. I saw Senses Fail, Less Than Jake, NOFX, the Casualties, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (30 years later and she's still playing small venues for a bunch of little girls who act like they're lesbians), Valient Thorr, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and a few other crappy ones. At least I can brag about how I've stayed outside for 10 hours in 120 degree weather.
6.) The next concert was Horse The Band (the worst band I've heard/seen in my life), All That Remains (they weren't too bad), and Dragonforce!!!!!! Obviously, I went to see Dragonforce play, and play they did!!!! They played the best songs off of all of their albums (in the case of this band, it works!!). I'm definitely going to see them play again!!!
7.) I then took my friend Matt Link to see Lacuna Coil, Shadows Fall, and Stone Sour play. Some local band opened the show. Nobody, except me, liked them, which I thought was kind of funny. Anyway, all three bands played outstandingly (especially Stone Sour), some fat Apache lady got drunk and fell on my feet and kept asking me how old I was, and I saw Corey Taylor play with a shaved head and WITHOUT his Slipknot mask. He rocks!
8.) The following summer, I saw The Aquabats play a surprisingly triumphant show. I had heard of this small name band that dressed up as superheroes, and I kind of liked their music, so I was like "Why not?" I went there with a bunch of friends, and after the two crappy opening bands finished (two local ska bands that both sucked), The Aquabats came out and surprised the hell out of me.
9.) I went with the same group of friends to see (in this order) Agaisnt All Authority, Streetlight Manifesto (they were good), Less Than Jake (again, the only reason I went), and Reel Big Fish. I thought it was crap that Reel Big Fish was the headliner and not Less Than Jake. I mean, Reel Big Fish has worse music, stupid lyrics, and they're just plain old annoying. But I was engaged in the world's biggest mosh pit, I crowd surfed abunch of times, and I got to hear some awesome songs by Less Than Jake, so dubbed the night a good night. The one downside is that I got a speeding ticket in the mail months later from one of the speed cameras on Loop 101 near Scottsdale. :mad
10.) I saw Alice Cooper play a Halloween show at the colliseum in the state fair. The theatrics were good, the music was good, but I was sort of expecting more. Maybe pyrotechnics or something would have made me happier. Anyway, it was a good concert, and the audience wasn't bad.

Some bands I'd like to see in concert are Iron Maiden, Trivium, Rush, Dropkick Murphys, Kid Rock, AC/DC, Black Label Society, Ozzy (if he promises not to play anything from his new album), Lordi, Metallica (that's a VERY big "if"), Hammerfall, Nightwish, and Down. Bands I would like to see again and take my brother to see are Less Than Jake, Dragonforce, The Aquabats, and ..... well I can't think of anything else.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo