XBOX360 deals

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

XBOX360 deals

Postby jpeter » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:32 am

Ugh, These things are impossible to find right now!
Well, unless you want to dish out around 800 bucks on ebay. I figure that all us gamers on here can share any and all information regarding good deals on XBOX360s.

I am coming up with nothing right now .... (and wishing that I pre-ordered!)

I Hope somebody has some good ideas, because I really don't feel like spending a month's pay !
jpeter
Traveler

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:26 pm

Well, I can't really help. Unfortunately, getting an XBOX360 hasn't been very high on my to-do list. I suppose you'll either have to pre-order or hold out until they stop selling out so fast?
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:33 am

I imagine the best way to get an xbox 360 is to just sorta temporarily get a job at a place that'd sell them. I mean, employees of retail stores can probably hide items they're stocking or just flat out lie when a customer asks if there are any in stock.

Then, when there are no customers, buy it for yourself, take off your hat or nametag or whatever, and just walk away with it. After all, you paid for it. Now, you might not get paid for the time that you did work there, but really - who cares? Presumably, you weren't working there for the money, anyway.

Now, that might not look all that great on a resume, but blah - whomever said you have to put down every job you ever had on a resume? Resumes are supposed to be advertisements - for you. Not biographies.

edit: I've never tried this, btw. There may be other negative consequences to doing something like this that I'm not aware of. For example, does the government keep records of places you've been employeed at? If so, can companies seeking to hire people look at those records? I'm sure someone whose hired others would probably know. I, however, don't.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby jpeter » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:10 am

I've been harrassing every store in my area to no avail. Right now I am looking at my internet website options. Ebay has a few that ive bid on but have no chance of winning, I just bid at Limbo auctions -41414.com- as well. Looking at walmart.com and amazon.com..... not helping!
jpeter
Traveler

Postby chaotic century » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:31 pm

Honestly I say hold out until halo 3 man. By then it should go down in price and more in stock, plus you get the best game ever with it! wouldn't that just be great?
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:50 am

I saw some guy buying one from Best Buy yesterday. All I noticed was that his total purchase was over $600...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Dev » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm

Maybe it was the Platinum version.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Return to Entertainment Igloo