Terminator on TV

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Terminator on TV

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:20 am

The Terminator is back. Well, actually Sarah Connor is back. The Fox network and Warner Bros. are partnering on "The Sarah Connors Chronicles," a TV series based on the characters from THE TERMINATOR films that would take place between the events of T2 and T3. The show will look to follow Sarah Connor and what happened to her after she went on the run following the events in TERMINATOR 2 with her son John. Neither Linda Hamilton nor Edward Furlong are attached to reprise their roles (and Arnold is nowhere near this puppy). Josh Friedman, who wrote a draft of WAR OF THE WORLDS and blogged about it quite humorously here, will write the pilot and serve as showrunner. Because this is a movie website after all, let me fill you in on what this means for future TERMINATOR movies. They are apparently in "the final phases of development" on a fourth TERMINATOR film, one in which the new TV series will have a link to. They're also hoping to start a new trilogy with the fourth film. "Sarah Connor" isn't expected to be as action-packed as a TERMINATOR film might be because of the natural budgetary constraints of TV. But expect, in between the familial drama, to see some shit blowing up every now and again. Think "Gilmore Girls" meets "24" (my comparison, not their's). Good idea? Bad idea? Talk about your eventual annoyance at the eventual relentless Fox promos below:
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby wildduck » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:15 am

The thing is who do you get to play Sarah Connor? I would think for most people she will forever be Linda Hamilton and no matter who else you cast for the role, the continuity and believe-ability of the story will have gone. I can't think of another actress who could bring the grit and balls to the part that Linda Hamilton did anyway.
wildduck
Traveler

Postby Dev » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:31 pm

Nahh, I think Linda Hamilton is too old for it.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby wildduck » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:59 pm

Dev wrote:Nahh, I think Linda Hamilton is too old for it.

I'm not suggesting Linda Hamilton is cast as Sarah Connor. I think the whole idea of a tv series is a little lame coming twenty years after the original movie and fifteen years after T2.

You're right though, Linda Hamilton would be too old anyway and any other actress will inevitably drawn comparisons.
wildduck
Traveler

Return to Entertainment Igloo