Hurricane Katrina documentaries

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Hurricane Katrina documentaries

Postby jpeter » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:09 am

I'm always on the look out for Hurricane Katrina news, as I think it is still MONUMENTAL! Seems some documentaries are finally ready.

I found out from another message board that court-tv is doing a NOPD katrina special tuesday. They have footage following the last remaining police right after the hurricane.

I also heard that there is a documentary on the Sundance Channel hosted by Brian Williams who was in the Super Dome during Katrina.

FINALLY!
jpeter
Traveler

Postby Dev » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:07 am

Haha! On A&E, they are also showing a Katrina documentary.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby jpeter » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:37 pm

That A&E special was SHIT! These are people just after the money and will throw together a poorly concocted documentary JUST TO FILL A TIME SLOT.

I cannot wait for this NOPD special. I want to "be there" when the NOPD were TRUE HEROES for this country. It is out of respect and it is out of admiration that I want to see these specials.
jpeter
Traveler

Postby Dev » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:17 am

lol. Good description of the A&E special. I read in the New York Times that there were looters disguised as tourists after Katrina came. One was holding a Samsung TV on his shoulders.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Return to Entertainment Igloo