Switchfoot vs. copy protection

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Switchfoot vs. copy protection

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:28 am

Tim Foreman - the bassist for Switchfoot - is apparently so disdainful of the copy protection found on his albums that he's posted ways to circumvent it!:

http://forums1.sonymusic.com/groupee/fo ... 5201067064

As a tribute to this nice gesture, I'm listening to a Switchfoot song (Meant to Live) right now :)

Buying an CD of theirs would probably be a nicer tribute, but ah well.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:13 am

terra! i suggest u start the "buy a switchfoot cd to recognize their hate of drm" campaign. i might actually buy one. i read about it on slashdot myself and that only raises my love of them. i love "this is your life" (or whatever it is called)
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:05 pm

This is pretty cool, but from the other things I've heard (from Wolfie, who has actually been around them some), they tend to be jerks. I'm not sure how much I can actually say without risking getting her in trouble though, so I'll leave saying anything more up to Wolfie.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:03 am

*is hesitant to express curriousity but does so, anyway*
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby shahmask » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:54 am

well, since real player calls them a christian rock band, i can believe they are jerks. hehe :)
shahmask
Castle Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo