batman begins

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

batman begins

Postby Roadkill » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:10 am

KICK ASS!
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:21 pm

I haven't seen it yet. Although I guess I have no excuse since with a job I definately have the money...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Roadkill » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:03 pm

you must see it. It brings batman up to where he should have been.

and when did you get a job? where do you work? that's cool!
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:44 pm

I got the job about a month ago. It's an internship at a small company called Uplogix.

Well, I'll bump Batman Begin's priority up a notch. First I have to stop buying anime with all my extra money. :)
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Nuxius » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:29 am

Yeah, I've heard a lot of positive reviews about it (well, from people I know, I mean). Haven't had a chance to see it yet, though. I usually like to wait until the theatre audicences die down a bit anyway.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Evlfrost » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:01 pm

Hmmm....most excellent.

I saw it three times in the first week it was out.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:38 pm

I saw it, although I can't really say how it compares to the previous batmans, as I haven't seen them.

I thought the play on some of the longer lived conspiracy theories (ie. the illumaniti, free masons, etc) was kinda neat. In contast to Daredevil, the villans / fights seemed much more believable.

One thing that confussed me, though...

[spoiler]When was the antidote distributed to all those who had been exposed to the gas? AFAIK, the only ones who got it were Batmans "girlfriend", the chief police officer, batman, himself, and maybe the guy who developed it[/spoiler]
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:15 pm

THey gave it to McDonalds to distribute via Happy Meals. :lila I think they leave it up to the imagination.

The movie is good if you liked Spiderman 2. It has no Batman Forever campiness, and it has no retarded Daredevil plots. My only dissapointment was that it didn't show as much Batman as I hoped. And it looks like they're doing the same thing with Superman. I'm guessing that they'll show Superman wearing "Matrix" clothes and getting in a Hapkido fight with Lex Luthor.

I think they just need to leave the super heros alone....... but what the hell do I know?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:24 pm

this is how the original batman is supposed to be. this version is much more true to the comic. the character behind the mask is much more important than the super hero himself. The character defines the superhero, which is why it is so important.

Superman was originally going to be screwed up in a way you suggested, but now they restricted the producer (who was causing this mess) and got a new director.
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Re: batman begins

Postby ChatOmbre » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:23 am

Roadkill wrote:KICK ASS!

Definitely... I saw it earlier today. :D
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo