P Diddy plans 'black' Ocean's 11

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

P Diddy plans 'black' Ocean's 11

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:24 am

Sean 'P Diddy' Combs is planning to make an Ocean's 11-style heist movie - but with an all-black cast and wants top African-American actors like Denzel Washington and Jamie Foxx to take part reports The New York Daily News.

"I was watching Ocean's 11 and I just couldn't relate to it. You have all these black icons, Chris Rock or Chris Tucker in comedy, Denzel Washington and Jamie Foxx in acting, me and Jay-Z in music, what about us? It's about time to put the greatest black icons in a film together. We're not running around in 'do-rags and low riders anymore. I'm trying to hit the big screen, baby. I'm trying for my head to be six-feet tall" said the man who's appearance as a presenter at this year's Oscars drew criticism from several corners.

source
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:47 am

Oh god. I hate this world.

How come a movie has to be all black to be culturally fair? I mean, can't we make a 50-50.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:30 am

P. Diddy wrote:I was watching Ocean's 11 and I just couldn't relate to it. You have all these black icons, Chris Rock or Chris Tucker in comedy, Denzel Washington and Jamie Foxx in acting, me and Jay-Z in music, what about us? It's about time to put the greatest black icons in a film together. We're not running around in 'do-rags and low riders anymore.

If blacks can't relate to whites then why should they be able to relate to really really rich blacks?

Further, I've never seen any of the black icons he mentioned "running around in 'do-rags and low riders'"

Honestly, I think this is about as pointless (and stupid) as a proposal that was made a few yearsback to sue companies that had 150+ years ago benifited from slavery.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo