Enterprise cancelled

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Enterprise cancelled

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:44 am

UPN and Paramount today jointly announced the show's cancellation. "Star Trek has been an important part of UPN's history, and Enterprise has carried on the tradition of its predecessors with great distinction," UPN Entertainment president Dawn Ostroff said. "We'd like to thank Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and an incredibly talented cast for creating an engaging, new dimension to the Star Trek universe on UPN, and we look forward to working with them, and our partners at Paramount Network Television, on a send-off that salutes its contributions to The Network and satisfies its loyal viewers."

source

my thoughts are that although enterprise may have not been as good as it could have been during the first few seasons that this apparently last season was showing some promise. it's kinda a shame that promise is rewarded with this. and despite the improvement that enterprise could have used, i think the chief reason it's had poor ratings is because it's on UPN - a network that i've found to be rather inaccessable, more often than not.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:47 pm

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

I tried hard to stick with it through the first season, but after watching a few episodes of the second season, I threw in the towel. Show was unwatchable. I don't even know how I made it through one season, to be quite honest.

Seriously, it was an idea that had so much potential, so much, and those dumb asses hardly took advantage of any of it. Rick Berman and his cohorts should never be allowed to write another show again, IMO.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:29 pm

i stopped watching it after learning they threw it a whole mush aof time traveling bozos that like to mess with everything.

.... farscape was better to watch.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby chaotic century » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:52 am

i watched a few seconds of the first episode n didnt like it...
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:43 am

for some reason, cc, i don't think you contributed at all to a declining viewership as you were never part of it to begin with ;)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:10 pm

Enterprise had two problems -- one, it had a short episode we found a solution now type things at the beginning, a couple times

Then they drug the story line out way too far. First it was the chameleon dudes and time distortion, then they changed the storyline and for like a season and a half it was all about the damned xindi.

Um, hello, but htis is nothing like the first few star treks. nothing interesting here, just weird races, and the best we came up with is a virus that instantaneously mutates people into a nother species, and time travel.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:56 pm

the xindi storyline was actually related to the time travel stuff.

but, anyway, i do agree with you. i think this last season, however, has departed frrom the previous seasons for the better. but i suppose that doesn't matter, anymore...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:04 pm

if you guys thought it sucked so much, why did you view it?
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby Roadkill » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:49 pm

momma is a committed trekkie
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo