Harry Potter 5 gets new writter

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Harry Potter 5 gets new writter

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:46 pm

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The fifth installment of the "Harry Potter" films will undergo a changing of the guard.

Steve Kloves, who wrote the screenplays for the first four films in the series, including "Goblet of Fire" which is currently filming in London, has stepped down to adapt and direct another project for Warner Bros. Replacing him is Michael Goldenberg, the screenwriter for "Contact" and the recent family film "Peter Pan," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

read the rest
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:59 pm

the movies suck anyway.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:13 am

Compared to the books, yes they do. I always figured that the movies were decent as long as you didn't compare them to the books.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby chaotic century » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:59 pm

true.. lol i liked the first 2, then whatever they did to the 3rd was a little odd. they changed the entire scenery lol i mean y? i hope the next few films will b better then the last.
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Talim » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:03 pm

I think part of the problem is that these books keep getting harder and harder to make into movies. The first one was farely simple, the second was as well, they they got into time travlling and now it's going to be the quidditch world cup... that was half the book! How can you keep the audience engaged in the quidditch world cup for that long? then you get to the department of mysteries in the fifth... though it'll be interesting to see what they do with some of the stuff. I hope they have a good computer graphics team or it's just gonna look stupid.

Another piece of the problem is that the books just keep getting longer.... I mean, it's getting to the point where I can use them as doorstops. Childrens literature? I think NOT.
"...would you like me to describe it to you or shall I get you a box?"
Talim
Traveler

Return to Entertainment Igloo