Anne Rice blasts fans

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Anne Rice blasts fans

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:20 pm

Anne Rice - of "Interview with the Vampire" fame - has blasted fans on amazon.com. A few highlights follow:

are interrogating this text from the wrong perspective. Indeed, you aren't even reading it. You are projecting your own limitations on it. And you are giving a whole new meaning to the words "wide readership." And you have strained my Dickensean principles to the max. I'm justifiably proud of being read by intellectual giants and waitresses in trailer parks,in fact, I love it, but who in the world are you?

You don't enjoy it? Read somebody else. But your stupid arrogant assumptions about me and what I am doing are slander. And you have used this site as if it were a public urinal to publish falsehood and lies. I'll never challenge your democratic freedom to do so, and yes, I'm answering you, but for what it's worth, be assured of the utter contempt I feel for you, especially those of you who post anonymously (and perhaps repeatedly?) and how glad I am that this book is the last one in a series that has invited your hateful and ugly responses.

her full rebuttle to the reviews can be found by scrolling down, on this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-rev ... 16-7607841?

anyway, i think she should learn to create new paragraphs, heh. that string of text is waaaaay to long, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:11 am

i want 2 c that movie so bad. mayb i should read the book instead. :|
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:51 am

o.O; :lol well, I've liked her books that I've read, but that's rather silly...
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo