Music downloads?

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Music downloads?

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:36 am

Does anyone know any sites that I can get some good music off of? MTV.com is complete crap, they want all sorts of stuff. It's wicked spammy. They want you to get their "protection software" when I have norton, and they want you to download the newest whatever to play the crappy song.

JUST LET ME LISTEN TO IT, GOD DAMN IT!!

Well, does anyone have a site they like to listen to music from?
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:04 am

use the yahoo engine 2 find 1.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:32 am

doing a search for "Music Downloads", as Raps suggests, will reveal a bunch of sites that stream clips of songs.

that said, i'm not aware of any sites that stream entire songs. you could try listening to some internet radio station, but i don't think streaming radio is what you want...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dev » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:39 pm

Maybe you can use KazAA and download music from there.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Nuxius » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:04 am

I don't really know what type of music you're looking for here, amateur artist stuff like the old mp3.com or professional artists only?

I know of quite a few mp3.com style websites, but as far as professional stuff goes, I have no idea.

mp3.com style websites:

http://iuma.com/
+ no registration required
- downloads can be slower than hell sometimes

http://www.acidplanet.com/
+ fast downloads
+ artists aren't limited in what bitrate of mp3's they can upload + artists aren't limited in the amount of songs they can upload
+ registered users can post reviews of songs, or just rate them
-registration required if you want to download anything, although you can stream without registering

There are others like http://www.ampcast.com/ but I'm not sure whether these are the type of music download sites you're looking for, so I'll just leave it at those for now.

As far as professional music goes, well your best bet for those is P2P software, like Kazza, SoulSeek or Bit-tourrent or something. You can also find full albums on certain newsgroups as well.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Return to Entertainment Igloo