spider-man 3

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

spider-man 3

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:01 am

Sam Raimi Talks "Spider-Man 3"

Posted: Wednesday July 21st, 2004 2:11pm (Au-EST)
Author: Garth Franklin
Source: BBC

In an interview with The BBC, Sam Raimi confirmed he has finished the basic story outline for a third "Spider-Man" film and spoke a bit about how the events in the second one will affect the Harry Osborn/Peter Parker relationship:

"It's going to follow the natural progression of the growth of these two individuals, Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker. It will be a love story and it will track the relationship as they encounter new conflicts that separate them. And hopefully their own will and love for each other will bring them back together in the piece.

Harry will be a problem, but I'm not certain if Harry will become the Goblin or not. The thing I'm really not certain about is if he comes to feel, "Now I have the means to destroy Spider-Man - I was too weak before but now I have a way and I will become the man that my father always dreamed I could be." Or, does he feel: "Now I understand why Spider-Man had to destroy him, because he was a mass murderer and now my anger can drain away from me." It could be an answer to a question and it ends the pursuit, but I'm not certain which way to go".

Later he chatted with French site DVD Rama more about the potential villains:

"I have not decided the vilain of Spiderman 3 yet. I have to talk about it with Avi (Arad) & Laura (Ziskin), our other producer. We are currently working on several tracks. The problem is to be in Peter's mind at the end of Spiderman 2: What does he want in his life? What problems will he have to struggle with, as an adult? THEN we will find the best villain to show these conflicts".

In the same interview, Avi Arad and Sam Raimi confessed they both like Blackcat. They talked a lot about her for "Spiderman 2", but it was not the right time to use this character in the story
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby don brennon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:33 pm

i wonder if harry will be the new green goblin
Donny B
don brennon
Traveler

Postby Rao » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:21 pm

I thought black cat was good?
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:17 am

although i kinda doubt the studios sincerity on this one, they're saying that spider-man 3 is supposed to be the last one:

Sam Raimi surprised a lot of press this weekend when he revealed that Columbia Pictures intends for "Spider-Man 3" to be the final film in the series. Seems, Sony's film head Amy Pascal has made it clear that she wants a definitive finale and so all the loose threads from the last two films must be tied up. So what does that mean story wise? Raimi spoke to LatinoReview about the possibilities and what that might mean for the Harry Osborn/Hobgoblin arc

"I'm not sure what's in Harry's mind. I'm trying to figure that out right now. It's like if you blamed someone for the death of your father all these years and someone who was supposedly this hero, vigilante, and then you realized that your father was a mass murderer, it might change things...As much of a responsibility as I have to the fans of the comic books, I also have an equal responsibility to be true to the intelligence of the character as portrayed in the Spider-Man movies".

Despite Pascal's intentions, Raimi seemed keen on working on further Spidey movies if he were allowed to but will concede to her wishes for now - "One thing that Amy Pascal told me was that she wants to make this a proper ending to the Spider-Man saga. I'd like to keep directing Spider-Man movies but I think she's thinking that the audience feels they want to see one more and no more. They want to have a proper ending to the story now. So I think maybe she's right, and so I'm approaching it under her guidance and that's how I'm trying to think of this film as the end".

Meanwhile he pulled the rug out from under those rumours of a "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash" movie saying clearly "that won't happen". Seems there were early talks on the project but Variety published a report that the film was a done deal before Raimi and Tapert were ready. Pushed to decide, Raimi did not feel confident enough to lend his character - "I wanted to give the fans what they want with that. It's hard to know what the fans want with that, if that was the proper treatment. I just don't know. I don't think so. As fun as that sounded, I think they're in two different worlds, the Evil Dead and Jason/Freddy. Maybe another time, that would be a better combination".

source
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo