x-men 3

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

x-men 3

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:33 am

09:00am ET, 26-April-04

Third X-Men In Works

Hugh Jackman, who will likely reprise the role of Wolverine in a proposed third X-Men movie, confirmed to SCI FI Wire that the sequel is in the works, but that the story has yet to be locked down. "I know they're in discussions about it," Jackman said in an interview while promoting his next movie, Van Helsing. "They're trying to work out schedules and things like that."

The last film in the Marvel Comics-based franchise, X2, ended with the death of Jean Grey and the hint of the comics' Dark Phoenix storyline, in which Grey transforms into a powerful and evil mutant. Will the third X-Men movie pick up that thread? "There's no script yet, so I'm not sure," Jackman said in reply.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main ... 13.00.film
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby chaotic century » Wed May 12, 2004 1:15 am

sweet they had better get the phoenix right or im taking over as director lol
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:16 pm

Handbag.com reports that Halle Berry will not be back for a third "X-Men" movie because her character, Storm, isn't going to be in it enough. According to their insider, "Halle was ready to do X-Men 3, but only if Storm was given more storyline, but the studio sees the third movie as a means to wrap up the trilogy, and that means Storm won't be featured more than Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. Halle has now passed on the third movie because she's not into bit-parts. She's an Oscar winner and she wants roles that test her". As a result, producers are now apparently looking to singer and actress Christina Milian as a possible replacement
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby BigDirtyOgre » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:36 pm

Christina Milian.........................feh............
they shoulda cast angela basset in the first place, man.
BigDirtyOgre
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:34 am

Seems that Professor Xavier is adding three new team members this time out. Personally, I think I’m happiest to hear that BEAST will be joining the X-Men. I love that blue furry bastard, and it sounds like he’s going to serve the same role in these films that Morpheus did in THE MATRIX. Now... what would a bit of superhero news be without some controversy? Ready for this one? ANGEL will be in the movie. But ANGEL... will be a girl.

source
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:11 pm

That would make for an intereting conversation....

Poser who's only seen the movies: Dude! Angel is @#$&ing hot!
Comic book nerd: ............
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Wolfie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:26 am

..angel...girl...bu-...That's not right! ><;

...though, yey Beast. -nods-
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:45 am

I didn't recall who Angel was for a while, but that's because I was used to his Apocalypse-modified form, Archangel.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Roadkill » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:26 pm

well... haley barrey is a rather selfish woman...
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:21 am

Since most of the primary cast of The X-Men only signed up for two movies originally, the pot had to be sweetened to get them to do the third movie in the series starring the Marvel Comics characters.

It was already announced that X-Men 3 would be directed by Matthew Vaughn, who helmed the British crime film Layer Cake, which comes out May 13.

Variety now reports that Famke Janssen and Hugh Jackman have both signed their deals to return as Jean Grey and Wolverine respectively, and that Halle Berry, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are still in negotiations, but will likely return as well.

X-Men 3 is scheduled to be released on May 26, 2006.

source
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Some Unreg Punk » Sun May 01, 2005 5:57 am

it's her career what do you expect.

too bad, they can't just drop the storm character out of the film.
Some Unreg Punk
Castle Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue May 24, 2005 3:51 am

The guy who plays Fraiser is going to be the Beast, according to this site.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:53 pm

I'm a little worried that the x-men 3 movie is having a hard time finding a directory...

Although the clock is ticking down on the start of principal photography, "X-Men 3," the sequel to 20th Century Fox's two "X-Men" features, is once again without a director. The studio said Tuesday that Matthew Vaughn, citing personal reasons, is stepping down as director. Having produced Guy Ritchie's crime movies "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch," Vaughn made his directorial debut with the critically applauded gangster tale "Layer Cake." Released by Sony Pictures Classics, the $7 million movie has grossed $729,488 in its first 18 days of limited release as well as another $8 million in foreign release. "X3" would have been Vaughn's first big-budget studio project, and the director said he was determined to bring "more heart" to the Marvel superhero characters, played by a cast that includes Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry.

source
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:04 am

The first preview for X-Men 3 is out:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo