Terminator 4 news?

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Terminator 4 news?

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:08 am

Producer Mario Kassar recently spoke to a Lebanese film magazine regarding production for Terminator 4 and TheArnoldFans transcribed a copy of the key elements of the article:

"T4 is in the works. The screenplay will be ready in 8 or 9 months. Once we have that, we will proceed with the production. The question that has never been answered in all the Terminator films is time travel. You can come from the future to change the present. But we never see how they go back to the future, which is a subject that can be explored. I think you already know where T4 is going from the ending of T3".

source: dark horizons.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:23 am

Yeah... The Source is the most significative thing... dark horizons... Are they going to make a documentary about "going back to the future"? LOL
I think they just want to milk the cow. They will make another mediocre movie with (relatively) little budget and throw it to cash on Terminator name....
Another option would be to tell how the android become Governor of California...
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Murphy » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:45 pm

well is it just me that thought T3 sucked? :MIB
Sir. Foolishness!
visit our webcomic! http://www.twisted-irony.com (oh yeah it's currently, dead, deeead)
Murphy
Elite Guard

Postby Lord Reefer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:04 pm

I'd have to agree. I was very dissapointed with T3, especially after the long wait.

Bring back James Cameron, that's what I say !!
Lord Reefer
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:50 am

apparently James Cameron is comming back...

__"_Cameron's fat wage for Terminator 5:
====T====T====T====T====T====
Posted on Sun, 13-Jun-2004

Our man in the loop on all things C2 checked in with an update on all things "Terminator" this weekend, saying Schwarzenegger will definitely be a part of both of the two planned sequels.

"I've learned (removed) that the offer Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna will make James Cameron to come back to direct the final chapter in his own Terminator universe is to give him "complete control" on the project.

Kassar and Vajna will still own the rights (and would be fools to give it up due to the millions they will make) but the idea or deal is to give Cameron full control to do or write whatever he wants. This is said to include a pay day that wil rival or eclips Peter Jackson's deal for King Kong (20 million upfront plus a huge percentage).

Also, not to belittle T4 before it comes out or ruin anything, but Mario and Andy wants Arnold back for T5 (the final chapter) playing the evil cyborg. When I say "evil", I mean just as nasty as he was in The Terminator. Before he became a babysiter in T2 & T3."

Hopefully we'll have something official on "T4" soon. _"__
source: moviehole
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby BigDirtyOgre » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:39 pm

i liked T3. no, it wasn't up to the bar set by T2, but it was pretty enjoyable.
i also think that nick stahl did a better job in the john conner role than furlong could have at this point.
BigDirtyOgre
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:12 am

i'm guessing you're refering to edward furlong's affinity for drug use?

anyway,

Terminator 4 Draft Finished:

Screenwriter John Brancato told SCI FI Wire that he and partner Michael Ferris have turned in a draft of a script for a proposed fourth Terminator movie—one that works around the expected absence of previous Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is now the governor of California. "We did have to think about a new franchise character, [because] he couldn't carry the movies anymore," Brancato said in an interview. "That caused us to have a pretty novel approach to what a new terminator would be like. What directions would it go in? There will be a new robot on the set of Terminator 4."

Brancato and Ferris wrote the screenplay for the last installment, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, which was directed by Jonathan Mostow. Brancato said that Mostow is involved in development of the fourth movie, but added, "We'll see if it winds up being him as director. If it does come to life—and everything's up in the air—it might come out in about a year and a half to two years."

Producers have suggested that the series could continue through a fifth film. But the writers have not worked that far ahead. "Five, I don't want to think about," Brancato said.

source: sci-fi.wire.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:16 pm

LONG LIVE JAMES CAMERON! THE KING OF SCI-FI MOVIES! :)
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:36 am

Empire Online wrote:It's official: the forces of Skynet will be back for a fourth attempt to squash humanity, with shooting on Terminator 4 scheduled to begin in 2005. "Eh?" you say, rather inarticulately, "but surely they wouldn't do such a thing without the lumbering, Austrian Terminator we've all come to know and love." Well, actually they would, but don't count the Governor out just yet.

Read more here:
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news ... s_id=16206
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dev » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:45 pm

Who is James Cameron? I mean, was he that Liquid Metal guy (I forgot wut T# he is) in T2?
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:48 pm

James Cameron is the person who directed and authored Terminator 1 and 2.

The "liquid metal guy" - the T-1000 - was played by Robert Patrick - who is alternatively famous for his role as Agent Dogget, from the last few seasons of the X-Files.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo