catch me if you can

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

catch me if you can

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:47 am

i've heard that kevin mitnick performed most of his exploits by playing people, so to speak. well, kevin mitnick has nothing compared to the ability of the main character in "catch me if you can". what's really sorta neat about it is that the guy in "catch me if you can" does it almost pathologically. it's almost as if he can't control it, and even when there is really no need for him to do it, he does it. so it leads to some pretty weird stuff.

and the portrayal of the father was kinda disheartning, but i can definitly relate to it - the father would find new things to file lawsuits over, all the time. new ways how the government screwed him over, and new rationales for why the government should compensate him for the damage they did to him. but he wasn't ever succesful. he wasn't succesful in anything he ever tried, it seemed like, save for the things which really didn't matter.

all in all, i think it's probably the best stephen spielberg movie i've seen :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo