star wars news

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:43 am

(Zap2it.com) - A new featurette on the official "Star Wars" site gives a behind-the-scenes look at the origins of the newest villain in the George Lucas universe, General Grevious.

The creepy bad guy, who's part alien and part droid, will be featured prominently in the upcoming "Episode III" film. Grevious has led the Confederacy of Independent Systems in bloody victories and his trademark is the collection of lightsabers he wears as trophies after hunting and killing Jedis.

The featurette centers on the concept artists who were challenged by Lucas to create a new face of evil to rival the three Darths: Vader, Maul and Tyrannus. Strangely enough, it's the top of spray bottle that inspires the design of the Grevious' sinister skull-like head.

Lucas explains the need for a unique design, saying, "We've got to be kind of careful that we don't recreate Darth Vader here because he sort of shows up at the end of ['Episode III.']"

Lucas also adds, "I came up with the idea of General Grevious as a leader of the droid armies. He's a little bit of an alien in a droid's shell, which is sort of an echo of what Anakin is going to become."

To learn more about Grevious, visit the official "Star Wars" site at http://www.starwars.com.

The third and final installment of the "Star Wars" trilogy is set to hit theaters in a galaxy not to far away on May 19, 2005.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:36 pm

I cant wait, the first episode was alright, the second one is great, i hope the third one will be good
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:01 am

thinking about it, this star wars will be unique in the number of darths it shows...

in addition to darth siddious, we'll have darth tryannas, who dies in the first ten minutes of the movie, according to this thread, dark grevious, and then, darth vader. a total of four darths.

based on yoda's comment that the sith always come in pairs (there's a master and an apprentice) in the phantom menace, it stands to reason that darth grevious will become a darth after darth tyrannious dies, and that darth vader will become a darth after darth grevious dies, but... star wars: clone wars kinda dispells that belief. not only is darth grevious working to dismantle the empire with darth tyrannious, who is working with darth siddious, but... there's a third dark jedi person!

here's a picture of darth grevious, btw, from clone wars:

Last edited by TerraFrost on Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:03 am

here's another pic of general grevious:

additionally, i don't think the individual dvd boxes have been posted, so here they are:

also, i think $109.99 is a very unreasonable price - esp. for four dvd's. they'll probably make a killing off of it, but boy, does it suck. i think i'm gonna have to wait to christmas to get those, myself, if that really is the price, as opposed to getting them the day they come out :(
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Filthy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:57 am

Ah oh well. The special editions are better anyways.

EVIL! how can you say that! No way can greedo ever get the first shot on han solo! EVER! *says raving star wars geek* The original ones were the best and lucas should never have changed them. :mad

BTW the above scene happened in the bar where luke saw han for the first time.[/quote]
I LOOOOVe MOnkeys, they are beutiful in every way.
They scratch their nuts, eat, and sleep all day.

God i love this Graemlin :banana
isnt he just so cool.
Filthy
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:06 pm

the price listed in the second image in the post two before this one must be canadian, 'cause amazon.com has it listed for a little less then $50.00...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:19 pm

when is the 3rd 1 coming out?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:00 am

previous posts suggest May 19, 2005.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:30 am

For those of you who don't know yet, Eps. III will be called "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith".

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts ... 40724.html
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:46 am

cool!!!! :8 any new bad guys in it?
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:14 am

yup. to quote from the first post on this page, heh:

A new featurette on the official "Star Wars" site gives a behind-the-scenes look at the origins of the newest villain in the George Lucas universe, General Grevious.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:11 am

more news on star wars...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... -dvd_x.htm

the MSRP is apparently $70.00. amazon.com is selling the DVD's, then, at a 40% discount. anyway, due to this high price, lucas films is specuatling that the dvd's will not be the number one seller this year (that honor is thought to belong to shrek 2, spider-man 2, or the passion of christ). rumors that the dvd versions are altered from even the special edition versions are addressed, too, although they are neither confirmed or denied...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:50 pm

who the hell is general grievious? O.o
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:04 am

General Grievious is a new villan being introduced in star wars: episode iii...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:59 pm

what species is he?
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment Igloo