the two towers

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

the two towers

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:42 am

well... i've seen it twice since it came out, but haven't posted anything, since i didn't really know what i could post, heh. i mean, i liked it... beyond that, i wasn't really sure what to say...
and i'm still not, heh. aragorn didn't come close to death in the book, and i don't think frodo and sam were brought to cirith ungol, and i don't think frodo ever came face to face with one of the nazgul atop a wraith... but oh well... i enjoyed it all the same :)
i thought gollum looked like what a young yoda would look like... or perhapes his younger brother, hehe.
and the whole eowyn story sorta reminds me of crouching tiger, hidden dragon, which is about, among other things, a girl who can fight, and is good at it, when they're forbidden to fight...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:38 am

I believe I read Giga's review elsewhere a couple days ago ... it doesn't really sound very "all that" but then again, I'm not very into Fantasy movies.

TerraFrost, if you like Fantasy movies, one would think you would like RPing! :p
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:16 am

I LOVE fantasy movies, and I can't stand RPing.... and it doesn't work very well the other way around either, as you have just proven, so.... there goes every facet of your theory right out the door. ;)

Anyway, I'm seeing it after Christmas, just too busy to be seeing it now. It's nice though that I have my free ticket from the LotR:FotR extended version DVD set. :)
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:14 am

Well ... I like *some* Fantasy movies ... mostly King Arthur legend stuff though. :p I don't know that much about RPing except the *some* people are too strict on their rules and I like the loose, free-form stuff we do here.

I might see this movie except that I never saw the original and it usually helps before seeing a sequel. :)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:13 am

hmmm... king arthur vs. lord of the rings, hehe. that might be a good topic for another thread, if i only understood how, hehe.

and i'm not spending my free ticket - i'm gonna save it as a collector's item! :) hehe. bah - who am i kidding? of course, i haven't payed for any of my tickets, yet, hehe. my mom payed for me the first time, and my dad payed for me the second time... wheee! :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:45 am

oh... also, i had some more thoughts about it! :):
Gimli, as portrayed in the movies, seems very much like an ent...
and gollum and sam's relationship says a lot about racism, sorta!

anyways, the two towers has been nominated for best picture and best director, if anyone cares...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:04 am

anyways, the two towers has been nominated for best picture
That's to be expected. ;)

I'd be suprised if it wasn't nominated.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Return to Entertainment Igloo