indiana jones iv

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

indiana jones iv

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:09 am

Frank Marshall, producer of the upcoming fourth Indiana Jones film, told Entertainment Weekly that Harrison Ford, 61, doesn't need a younger sidekick. "We're sticking with Indy on his own," Marshall told the magazine. "He still gets around pretty good."

Marshall also praised Indy IV writer Frank Darabont (The Green Mile). "Frank understands who the characters are," he said.

For his part, Darabont told the magazine, "I'm the world's biggest Indiana Jones fan. I'll trip all over myself to work for Spielberg." Darabont wrote for ABC's The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Shooting on the fourth Indy starts in mid-2004 for a 2005 release.
----
Source: SCI FI Wire
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:10 am

While most people think that Indiana Jones IV is dead and buried, it seems like Lucasfilm isn?t quite ready to give up. After the debacle where Frank Darabont turned in a script that was loved by everybody except George Lucas, and was promptly canned, Stuart Beattie has been brought on board to take another swipe at the screenplay.

Beattie wrote the story for Pirates of the Caribbean, and that is apparently what motivated the hire. He has also written the script for Tom Cruise?s upcoming Collateral. It?s not certain how much of a rewrite has been commissioned ? word on the street has it that Darabont?s script was more character based, which tickled the fancies of Spielberg and Ford, but Lucas was looking for something more roller-coastery, since he holds audiences in about the same esteem most of us hold folks who work at Motor Vehicles.

The rewrite is supposed to help ensure a 2005 release of the film, but don?t hold your breath
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:56 am

hmmm... well, I hope this is good. :)
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:08 pm

So will we see Indy IV anytime soon? According to an interview that Steven Spielberg had on Canal+ he will start shooting the next installment of Indiana Jones in early 2005 right after he finishes War of the Worlds. Right After Indy he expects to direct a political movie that he didn't want to talk about.

source
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo