transformers movie

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

transformers movie

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:59 pm

from another board...

A live-action movie is in the works based on the Hasbro Transformers toy line, from X-Men writer/producer Tom DeSanto, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Transformers toys formed the basis of previous comic books, television series and an animated movie, the trade paper reported.

Angry Films chief Don Murphy (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and DeSanto will produce the movie, the trade paper reported. DeSanto is currently working on a story treatment for the project before he and Murphy hire a screenwriter to adapt it for the big screen.

The Transformers brand centers on a group of robots that are able to change into a variety of objects, such as cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations. The feature film will tell the story of an intergalactic war between two races of robots: the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons, the trade paper reported.

Hasbro introduced the Transformers in the United States in 1984. The Transformers came to the big screen in 1986 with the animated feature The Transformers: The Movie.
----
Source: SCI FI Wire
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:29 pm

WOOO HOOOO!!! ^_^ :D :crazy :nerd :nuts :clown :woot :banana :cheers
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:16 pm

TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:27 pm

Transformers Movie Details Rumored

We have recieved some rumors from an informer close to Angry films that give us some rough insights on the Transformers Movie. According to the informer, the film is progressing but may now be scheduled for release in 2006. The design work began in November, one studio may be close to signing and more below.

"[information edited] ... anyway, the person who we deal with, has let us know about a few things concerning the new movie as we couldnt help but ask.

1.The film wont be ready until at least late 2006, most likely a December release.It is likely to go head to head with the first Simpsons feature film.

2.The people working on the movie have contacted only two of the old voice cast, one believed to be Frank Welker,the other Peter Cullen, i dont know that for sure but that is who I think it is. They want at least one big name star to voice a supporting role in the film.There is also an idea for two fairly big names to be cast as the main humans.

3.James Cameron has no interest in directing the movie.

4.Concept drawings for the film began November 2003. The informer has not seen the drawings for himself.

5.The producers are close to a deal with two studios, one is rumoured to be New Line.

That is all I was told, I thought I should pass this information onto yourselves, I am doubtful myself as to if all this is true but it was nice to hear some decent rumours as it seems to have gone awful quiet of late concerning the film."

Discuss this as well as any other rumblings about the upcoming live action movie HERE at Tfans!

NOTE: This is information is speculative and has not been confirmed by any official souce at this time.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:28 am

Spielberg Turns 'Transformers' to Film
July 25, 2004

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -- Steven Spielberg, who has turned sharks into blockbusters and aliens into lovable movie characters, is now taking on shape-shifting toy robots for a "Transformers" film.

The live-action version of the 1980s toys is planned by DreamWorks for a summer 2006 release.

A release issued by the studio says, "Steven and everyone at Dreamworks are very excited about the prospect of expanding the world of Transformers. The possibilities for a thrilling action adventure are virtually endless."

The toy fighting robots, both good and evil, could convert into jets or trucks, and they became a cartoon series.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun May 20, 2007 2:27 am

You can watch a few trailers here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Raistlin » Sun May 20, 2007 2:47 pm

*rubs hands together* Excellent....

thanks Terra! :thumbs: *goes off to watch trailers*

I can't wait to see transformers......
Raistlin
Heroic Guard

Postby Raistlin » Wed May 23, 2007 2:00 pm

Raistlin
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:00 am

Just saw it...

BESTMOVIEEVER.

<3
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:09 pm

I won't be able to see it until tomorrow, unfortunately. And you'd think a big Transformers nut like me would've seen the very first showing. :p

(how big of a nut? I have the entire original series on DVD, as well as the animated movie and the entire Beast Wars and Beast Machines series)
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:43 am

Saw it today. Definately t3h awesome ^_^ I wish they'd had some bickering between Starscream and Megatron, but hey, you can't win 'em all, right?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Raistlin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:57 pm

it was excellent.....great movie....:thumbs:
Raistlin
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:59 pm

it was definitely the biggest and best movie of this summer, unless of course Harry Potter 5 or the Simpsons movie can top it. :nah
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:07 pm

: Watched it 3 times in the movie theater :

._. <3

What?
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:36 pm

*Only watched it twice, but wants to see it again*
<3
Hehehe. Hey, when are you and me and Chat and Kaos gonna get together before you leave?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Next

Return to Entertainment Igloo