Britney's Stalker!

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

Britney's Stalker!

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:10 pm

Britney Spears Seeks Restraining Order
Tue Dec 10, 8:06 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Pop singer Britney Spears (news) asked Monday to have a restraining order imposed against a 41-year-old Japanese man she claims has been stalking her since September.

According to a petition filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Masahiko Shizawa of Yokohama, Japan, has "tracked and attempted to contact" Spears at her home in Los Angeles, as well as at her second residence and one of her parent's homes, both outside California.

Those attempts have ranged from sending photos of himself along with notes reading, "I'm chasing you," to showing up at Spears' home and refusing to leave when he was ordered off the property, the complaint alleges.

Spears' attorney, Joel Strote, asked to have Shizawa barred from coming within 1,000 feet of the 21-year-old singer and from contacting her in any way.

So, if any of you had a chance to stalk Britney (or another celebrity), would you?

I personally am not very interested in celebrities so I know I wouldn't. In fact, when I see them at stores or restaurants, I don't even look twice at them. Though my friend *did* run up to Rob Schneider once ... I'm glad I wasn't with her. :oops:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:23 pm

well... i don't think stalkers usually wait for "chances". i mean, did he really need any sort of "chance" hapenstance to send her a picture of himself? so i guess what i'm saying is, if we aren't stalking someone now, chances are we probably would stalk someone if we were given an appropriate "chance". although, based on that logic, one has to wonder how people ever get started stalking people...

and also, i am rather cautious when i see celebrities - i mean, when you see a celebrity, chances are they're not going to become your best friend. in fact, chances are much more likely that they'll end up despissing you. and the more you try to distinguish yourself, the more dispicipal you will become. and i would rather have a celebrity that i admire not know me at all, then a celebrity who hates me...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:09 am

Heh...alot of my same thinking. I'm not one of those people to even stand in lines to get autographs...the few times I did it were...

1) People kept insisting I get in line to get the Sean Jordan's Autograph...

2) I took one of my much younger friends to get Josh Davis's autograph

Heh...on that note, Josh Davis is really smart! He spelled my name right without me spelling it for him! :)
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:58 am

well, if i have a chance to get a celebrity autograph, and a lot of others are doing it (ie. by standing in line), then i'll probably do it, too! i mean, as long as i'm doing what everyone else is doing, i won't distinguish myself - rather, i'll blend in. they may remember that they signed autographs, *maybe*, but why would they remember me? i'd just be one of the hundreds of other people that got autographs...

that said, i've gotten the following celebrity autographs n person:

John deLance
George Takei
Harry Anderson

and probably a few others, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:13 am

I personally wouldn't stalk anybody, least of all if they were a celebrity; I have never even gotten in line to get an autograph. I guess this makes me a coward, oh well.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:59 am

The strangest celebrity I ever encountered was Martha Stewart!!

She was very conceited and demanding. Plus, she was incognito in a baseball cap, sunglasses and a big floppy shirt, which was sort of funny. None of the other customers even noticed her. We would not have noticed her had she not made such a big production over wanting a private tour and special service, which she was denied because she was overly demanding. :lila:
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Evlfrost » Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:22 pm

Hmm...My mom had a stalker once. He kept following her around and he would call her then hang up when she anwsered the phone. So she got her brother and some of his friends to take care of this guy. She doesnt know what her brother did to him nor does she want to know; all she knows is that she never saw him again. And I personally think salking is cowardly.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Altaori » Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:23 am

I would stalk Conan O'Brien! Nah, just kidding. I think you have to have some kind of mental disorder to stalk someone. I wouldn't do it. I've never seen a celebrity before though. I don't think I would confront them or ask for an autograph. That's kind of rude, IMO.
Altaori
Traveler

Return to Entertainment Igloo