Should there be a comic and sprite forum?

A building in the Frost City where the town scholars record everything that happens. Find old threads here.

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 12

Postby Icegaze » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:11 pm

Click on the Rougues Gallery. If you do, you will instantly see only comics until you scroll down. This is why there is a need for a comic and sprite forum. In this forum, people could take and make sprite requests, people could show off their ripping skills, and custom sprites. And the rougues gallery would be clutterless. Bob and George has more than 1 forum devoted to this.

Why I should be the mod of this forum: I believe that I should be the mod of this forum. I believe this because I spend more hours a day working on my comics and sprites than Neerowolf, Blackfrost, and Spanky. Mega, Chrono, Omega, and Battle all haven't posted in a while, and Giga's already a mod and an admin.

So you are left with one question: SHould there be a comic and sprite forum?
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Drazo » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:26 pm

yup :)
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:05 pm

In short, yes, there *should* be such a forum...the question I have is how much such a forum would clutter up the index. We've got so many forums already...

What we really need is sub-forum capabilities, but unfortunately the sub-forum hack is apparently incompatible with one of our current hacks... :(
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Drazo » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:55 pm

DF is also in need of sub-forums....but aint there a new phpbb version coming which has sub-forums, merge posts, attachments etc built in it? i need the attachments to work on DF :D
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:30 pm

Yeah, there is. We were talking about it with Noxious in this thread:

http://www.frostjedi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2947

It's looking like it'll be a while, though... :\
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Icegaze » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:37 pm

Well, there is a couple of forums that don't see much action. You could remove one. You could remove the Grand Theatre and move all role playing to the Training Grounds. Or maybe remove the Babylon 5 League.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:03 am

There is a distinct difference between the Training Grounds and the Grand Theater. If anything, the Training Grounds *could* be merged with the Marketplace but I dunno.

Babylon5 --even tho it isn't real active-- goes along with us hosting the Babylon5 Encyclopedia site. Well, we don't exactly host it ... Terra can explain it better.

The Tolkien League could be absorbed by the Entertainment forum and the Justice League stuff could be sent out to different forums. I'm sort of indifferent about that.

Ah well ... those are my opinions, nothing more. :)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Icegaze » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:46 pm

Who's voting no?!
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Toby » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:46 pm

They must be kool if they picked no.
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:12 am

i think there should be one, but its really cluttered, so it doesn't matter...
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Kaos » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:54 pm

i disagree with the comic forum..at least for now.

1. we don't have that much to be called a 'mandatory' need.

2. other than the comix that was here before like giga's (and others ;) ) are basically the only ones thriving. I can count about 4 comix i already unstickied due to a month-half a month of stagnant-ness.. (a word? O_O)

so yeah, until we get more solid comics, and not just spontaneous whims that last 7 strips, i have to go against the comic forum ^-^;;

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:53 am

I think all the Admins like the idea of the comic forum ... it's just a matter of having too many forums and subforum hack not being compatible with what we have.

There are a good number of threads that could be moved out of the Rogue Gallery that are comic and sprite related so .... maybe someday. :)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to Hall of Records