I need a site!

A building in the Frost City where the town scholars record everything that happens. Find old threads here.

I need a site!

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:39 am

Hey giga, you have kraftnam, but I was wondering If you knew any way to post my comic on a site. I mean, like how BnG does it with the fancomics. If you or anyone else has any tips, I'd really apprieciate it.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:18 am

Are you looking to start your own site or just post a fan comic somewhere?

If you want to start your own site, then the first thing you need to do is buy a domain name and purchase a hosting plan. Or, you can go the free route if you don't mind having ads on your site and don't care about having your own domain name.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:26 am

Yeah, I'll take the free route, I don't really care too much about ads, I just need a good site to post my comics. I don't feel like paying, especially since I'm poor and I don't have a credit card or nuthin'. The thing is, do you know of where i can get one? I tried freewebs, but my browser doesn't like it very much ¬_¬
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:05 am

The fastest way for you to get a lot of choices would probably be to visit http://www.comparewebhosts.com/Search.asp and enter 0 as the amount you want to pay, fill out any other criteria you might have and press search.

For free sites, I have used geocities, freeservers and envy.nu and liked them all fine.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:27 am

Yeah, I'm not the right guy to ask, since Kraftfam.org is my family webpage and all. Once long ago I tried making a web page on Geocities but that didn't last long. Geocities has changed a whole lot in the past many years, too. I mean, I tried it back when I used Juno for e-mail. It was free then. My computer was a 60mhz PS2...no, not the kind of PS2 y'all know - the old personal computer that IBM used to make that was called a PS2 before the Playstation 1 was even released.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:37 pm

Thats site is dumb! It gives you a choice of sites who are willing to give you them free, but they all have glitches... I probably will just do MSN or something...
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:22 pm

Hmmm ... that dumb site is how Giga, Terra and I found a server that met our needs, but good luck in finding something anyway. :)
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:31 pm

Well, the difference between you guys and me is that I don't have any money to pay yet... :(
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:35 pm

I dunno ... I saw lots of free ones on there ... they just didn't have the disk storage and data transfer space we needed to host a successful message board.

If you are just looking for space for a comic, they should have enough space, I think. I guess it depends on how big your comic gets and what sorts of traffic you get tho.

Still, Freeservers, Envy.nu, 100megsforfree and so on are decent ... maybe check those out.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:00 pm

Well, I checked out freeservers, but you still have to pay. Its so stupid. the others might be good...
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:50 pm

I'm looking at their page right now and they have four plans. One is free but includes ads whereas the three pay plans do not.

All the free plans from any host are going to include ads.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:23 am

All the free plans from any host are going to include ads.
Not all of them. :wink:
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:29 am

Don't hold out on us, Noxious! :p
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:32 am

i think he might be refering to how we host DF and EU for free, heh :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:40 am

Actually, no, I don't. Although getting yourself hosted by a friend is a great way of getting yourself some good, ad free, free hosting.

http://www.freewebs.com

:)
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to Hall of Records