Bank Error

The office of the Mayor of the Frost City. She can hook you up with the Frost Jedi if you have any questions about the board or the Frost Jedi

Bank Error

Postby Dracofrost » Tue May 03, 2005 2:52 am

The last few times I've tried accessing the Frost Bank here at Frost Jedi, I've consistently gotten the following error message:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error Getting Bank Users!
Table 'frostje_xmb5.phpbb_bank' doesn't exist

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'frostje_xmb5.phpbb_bank' doesn't exist

Due to my lack of phpbb knowledge I really have no idea what that means, but I figured I would bring it up so Nuxius or Terra or some other knowledgeable person solve whatever the problem may be.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Megafrost » Tue May 03, 2005 2:59 am

Bank error not in your favor. Do not collect $20.
Last edited by Megafrost on Tue May 03, 2005 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby TerraFrost » Tue May 03, 2005 3:43 am

The Bank hack doesn't work for the same reason the Shop hack doesn't work - it uses hard-coded tables when it shouldn't. Normally, hard-coded tables aren't a problem, but in FJ's case, it is, since FJ is now using non-standard prefixes for its database. Doing so makes it harder for FJ to be hacked.

Incidently, I plan, at some future point, to release FJv3. FJv2 sought to make FJ secure by making the base version of phpBB more up-to-date. It also sought to add new features which was kinda the cause of the most recent hack. In other words, security wasn't my first priority when installing the MODs. That's not to say that I knowingly installed insecure MODs, but rather that I did not get MODs that had been determined (to the extenct that they can be) by members of the phpBB MOD Team to be free from vulnerabilities. FJv3 will fix this - it'll only have MODs from phpbb.com. If a MOD isn't in phpbb.com's database, I'll write it, and submit it to their database.

Writting the MODs might take some time, but the ease of installing the MODs that don't need to be rewritten should free up some time. This is in contrast to MODs released at phpbbhacks.com, many of which have to be MODed several times over before they work as they should.

Unfortunately, FJv3 isn't due out for a long time. I have my backup mod to work on, I have another project I need to work on for someone else (independant of school), and... yeah...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Fri May 27, 2005 6:51 pm

I just uninstalled the Keep Unread Flags MOD. It never worked quite right for me, and although there's an additional add-on that might have added the functionality I was expecting, uninstalling the MOD was just easier.

Let me know if there are any broken features.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to The Foyer