What the?

The office of the Mayor of the Frost City. She can hook you up with the Frost Jedi if you have any questions about the board or the Frost Jedi

What the?

Postby Drazo » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:18 pm

How come the forums with new posts don't show up inside the forum? On the main index, the forums say that there are new (unread) posts but when I view the forum, none of the posts show up as unread.

Before I posted this I've watched harmony1917 as he/she made a post in the ToB. The snowflake shows the forum as unread but as soon as I enter the forum, the thread of which he/she replied to didn't show up as unread? O.o
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:19 pm

Now it's not showing up at all....how am I supposed to look where there has been new posts?
And before you ask, no I haven't changed anything and my cookie settings are fine. :p
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:09 pm

all i can say is that it's a problem I've never been able to duplicate... as such, my ability to diagnose / fix it is... kinda impared... :(

anyway, i assume that your own board isn't afflicted by this problem?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:11 am

Yeah.. this is a problem on your end... perhaps a cookie issues... I dunno.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Drazo » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:05 pm

tsian wrote:Yeah.. this is a problem on your end... perhaps a cookie issues... I dunno.

*ahem*

Drazo wrote:And before you ask, no I haven't changed anything and my cookie settings are fine.

:p

This has only happend with FJ twice. If this keeps happening I'm going to have serious problems finding new posts.
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby tsian » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:39 pm

Well if it has only happened twice, it almost certainly is some weird bug involving the cookie not being properly edited.

I think I've had a similar thing happen once... it went away quickly enough.
Vive le titre de deux.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:46 pm

Click "View posts since last visit."

That's how I know what's been said or changed and stuff. It lets you see all of the unread posts right away.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Drazo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:18 pm

It has happened again....this time it cleared all the unread posts marks as I was posting. One moment it was showing where all the new posts were, the next they were all gone! O.o
This is REALLY getting annoying now....
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby tsian » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:07 am

Yes, and it probably isn't a problem with FJ. It certainly isn't happening consistently or to many people by the sounds of it :-/
Vive le titre de deux.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:12 am

the only thing i can figure with your latest problem is what was causing me and drazo to spontaniously logout. a more detailed explanation of that can be found here. of course, if that's the case, then you should have found yourself logged out, shortly there after.

if that's not the case, then i have no idea what the problem is (although i certainly empathize you - it is a pretty annoying problem) :(
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:36 pm

I'm having similar problems now... :(
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:50 pm

considering the timing of your case, ChatOmbre, i'm gonna have to guess that our recently changing hosts is the problem, and that the problem should, no longer, occur.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:42 am

well, it happenned again... :/

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:38 am

(sorry for the double post)

Just so that you know, it's still happenning to me. :(

ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:07 am

as always, i haven't the foggiest clue what is causing this problem, nor do i have any ideas on how to fix it. i've asked for assistance, but in the interim (and in the chance that no assistance comes), have you tried using a different browser? does this problem occur on drazo's board?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to The Foyer