no offense

The office of the Mayor of the Frost City. She can hook you up with the Frost Jedi if you have any questions about the board or the Frost Jedi

no offense

Postby hanzo hatori » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:46 am

no offense to omegafrost and megafrost but it has come to the my attention that you are way way to bossy. youve gone from a friendly person to an ego tripping dictator and that isnt very appealing. this isnt meant to bash but it is just one opinion. :meeting
Ninja never die....they mearly fade into nightmares!
hanzo hatori
Townfolk

Postby Dev » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:48 pm

Moderators have to be like that. And Megafrost only wants people to do the rules. Same with Omegafrost. It's a Moderator's job, hanzo hatori.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:01 pm

But I am really strict about following the rules. Probably more-so than any other staff member.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Drazo » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:14 pm

Dev wrote:Moderators have to be like that. And Megafrost only wants people to do the rules. Same with Omegafrost. It's a Moderator's job, hanzo hatori.

I agree. :thumbs: Also some of us moderators are trying to keep the forums sane since there has been a lot of flaming, spam and OOH threads.
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby hanzo hatori » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:23 pm

dude you can lighten up for instance so the conversation varys from the title. that can happen people get bored talking about only one thing. this doesnt mean you have to delete or lock the thread. and i see that you admins dont like being targeted.
hanzo hatori
Townfolk

Postby Megafrost » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:41 pm

people get bored talking about only one thing.

At which point, the topic has served it's purpose and should no longer be opened. Why continue to keep a topic open if the talk inside has nothing to do with the name? If you want a new conversation, create a new topic.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby ChatOmbre » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:41 pm

if you have a problem with the way the board is run then why are you even here? you agreed to the rules when you joined, and if you don't like 'em, you don't have to post here.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:44 pm

Megafrost wrote:
people get bored talking about only one thing.

At which point, the topic has served it's purpose and should no longer be opened. Why continue to keep a topic open if the talk inside has nothing to do with the name? If you want a new conversation, create a new topic.

Well, I'll be more grey than black or white.

On one side, Hatori is right. Certain topics don't have to be closed, especially in the spam forum. I often find myslf facing a thread just closed due to spam, in the forum made for spam and useless posts. Unless there is definite flaming or anything against the rules of the forum, you should keep a thread open by all means. You should be alittle more tolerant. Also, moderators don't always have to be extremely strict. A stick that bends is harder to snap.

On the other hand, though, Megafrost has the power to decide what is right or wrong, and if he has moderator abilities in a forum, he definitely can use them. By being a moderator, he knows what's right or wrong, and if he decides to close, even delete, a thread, his decision is the right one. Basically it's respect for an elder, even if he's not older, he has the seniority on the board.

It's really not a big deal, but I think that mega should lighten up about the ToB posts. Personally, I dislike closing ANY threads, unless it gets out of control. Since Hanzo has a point, I think that you should look into his opinion, but if you don't, it's not that big of a deal. Like you said, we can make new topics to spam in. ;)
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:49 pm

and i see that you admins dont like being targeted.

i don't think anyone likes being targeted. saying that the admins, in particular, don't like being targeted is about as productive as saying the sky is blue.

and, anyway, near as i can tell from the complaints you've posted publically, you haven't been targeting the admins. so why mention admins, at all, as opposed, to say, nintendo? i mean, your complaints don't address nintendo, either ;)

EDIT:

It's really not a big deal, but I think that mega should lighten up about the ToB posts. Personally, I dislike closing ANY threads, unless it gets out of control.

and i think you should post comments about individual moderators such as this in the staff forum - not in a public forum ;)

while moderators are perfectly free to disagree with ea. other, they should, atleast in public, either support the actions of another mod, or not say anything at all. in the staff forum, they can disagree all they want.

a conflict internal to FJ's staff need not concern other non-staff members (this is actually why people know so little about why nyufrost left).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:58 pm

TerraFrost wrote:
and i see that you admins dont like being targeted.

i don't think anyone likes being targeted. saying that the admins, in particular, don't like being targeted is about as productive as saying the sky is blue.

and, anyway, near as i can tell from the complaints you've posted publically, you haven't been targeting the admins. so why mention admins, at all, as opposed, to say, nintendo? i mean, your complaints don't address nintendo, either ;)

EDIT:

It's really not a big deal, but I think that mega should lighten up about the ToB posts. Personally, I dislike closing ANY threads, unless it gets out of control.

and i think you should post comments about individual moderators such as this in the staff forum - not in a public forum ;)

while moderators are perfectly free to disagree with ea. other, they should, atleast in public, either support the actions of another mod, or not say anything at all. in the staff forum, they can disagree all they want.

a conflict internal to FJ's staff need not concern other non-staff members (this is actually why people know so little about why nyufrost left).

I agree, by all means, but I was merely reaching a mututal agreement between the two. It wasn't opposition to mega, just a suggestion that he could take, and I even said, if he didn't, it doesn't matter, really.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby hanzo hatori » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:12 am

sorry guys ive had a bad week so i had to vent on something and this was it and the reason i posted here is because it would make the biggest impact here. :poke
hanzo hatori
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:00 am

well... FJ is certainly open to criticism, and, for better or for worse, your post has renewed discussions about what should be done about spam (there really seems to be no clear answer).

also, although i can't speak for anyone else, and excluding shahmask's leaving, i don't think any harm was really done. :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:00 am

Disclaimer: The following post shall be very nit picky... Possibly high irritation levels.

Anyways... Now then I would just like to ask precisley from where you are getting this information that I as an individual might be bossy? I am not in anyway attempting to disprove this claim mind you, however I do consider myself one of the mroe laid back of the Moderators. The thread of yours that I moved (which I am assuming I was included as a part of this) is the first thread I have moved in over a month.

In closing I would also preffer that if you plan on calling me an "eggo tripping dicator" that I atleast deserve it, now go fetch my manacles so that we can arrange such :evil: :p

Finally what is this I hear about being a "friendly person"? Do you ahve any idea how long it will take me to whipe that off my record? :lila

And please dont feel I'm actually being a jerk, I'm jus' given' ya' a hard time. :)

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:34 pm

I have deleted all the threads in the Spammers Market on the subject due to their flamish nature and the existance of this thread. Please do not post anymore threads like that. If you have a problem with a moderator, bring it up with an admin. Posting numerous threads is percieved as rather asinine. Thank you.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Wolfie » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:22 pm

no offense to omegafrost and megafrost but it has come to the my attention that you are way way to bossy. youve gone from a friendly person to an ego tripping dictator and that isnt very appealing. this isnt meant to bash but it is just one opinion.

I don't like it when Mega or Omega or any of the mods or admins close threads, but they're just getting thing IH (in refrence to draz') and they're not being ego tripping dictators. I've yelled at mega quite a few times for closing topics but its really quite childish, they're just trying to keep everything so theres not so many arguement and we don't scare away any lil kids running around. Oh and as for the moving of threads, it happens, they arent deleting it or closing it or anything of the sort, just moving it to a place more sutable ^^ ....now back to being wolfie...ta
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to The Foyer