Halo 3

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

Halo 3

Postby Rapscallion » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:18 am

Can anybody give an overall rating of Halo 3? I haven't played it yet, and I want to know from people I can trust in these matters if it's any good or not.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: Halo 3

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:34 am

It's amazing. It basically combined the best aspects of the first two games along with a few new things together into an all around amazing package. Graphics are beautiful, gameplay is awesome, and the only thing potentially against it is that, because there are so many weapons and items and such, it would probably be rather confusing for someone with no Halo experience.

The new modes, such as Forge and Theater though, are almost worth the game itself. So much damn fun, and so easy to make absolutely cool looking shit... I'll have to hook up my friend's 360 to the net so I can post some screencaps here.

So, basic overview. You can run as fast as could in the first, jump higher than you could in the second, throw as far as you could in the first, have most of the weapons from both games, plus a few new ones, like the Spartan Laser and the Gravity Hammer (my favorite). Significantly more vehicles, including human equivalents to the Ghost and the Banshee, as well as several Brute specific vehicles and weapons.

New grenades are nice too, though I do mind how you can carry less of each (simply because I miss having 4 frags up my sleeve), but it makes alot of sense in terms of game balance. The spike grenade is fun, giving you another grenade with sticky capabilities, but I absolutely adore the incendiary grenades. What? Fire is fun ^_^

On that note, the heavy weapons you can get rock. Few things are as fun as running around with a giant flamethrower ^_^ Unfortunately they're generally much more useful in singleplayer than multiplayer, just because of how unwieldy and slow they make you, as well as how they mess with look sensitivity/turn speed.

Anyways, I could go on and on, but, really, I'll just say this: PLAY IT! Mmmm, haloey goodness...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:17 am

Thanks. What about the plot?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:43 am

Enjoyable, but not quite as rich as in the second, IMO. The Arbitor is with the Chief almost all the time, so there isn't any independant character development, just advancement of the plot to the end. At least that's how it felt. Still very good, just missing some of the richness that 2 had.

I still enjoyed the hell out of it, though. Yay for Flood? :lol
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Return to Arctic Arcade