Favorite adventure game series...

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

Favorite adventure game series...

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:19 pm

It can be anything from the OLD days of Sierra Online to some recent Ankh project. Remember, it must be a series and it must be an adventure game (King's Quest is acceptable since it started out as an Adventure series). For me, I have to choose between Monkey Island and Space Quest........ :| .......Space Quest. Just because.

EDIT: I was not paying attention when I put this in Contest Cooler. Mega, would you be kind enough to move this to the Arctic Arcade?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: Favorite adventure game series...

Postby Megafrost » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:39 am

I've taken care of it for you.

My favorite of the old adventure game series' has been Quest for Glory for the longest time. I just keep playing it again and again and again...more so than any of the others.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Re: Favorite adventure game series...

Postby Nuxius » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:29 am

Syberia, The Longest Journey and the Gabriel Knight series come to mind. Some of the Broken Sword games were really good as well.

Believe it or not, I don't really care for 1st person adventure games, like Myst. The 1st person nature gives it a photo album feel that just destroys immersion. The puzzles of those type of games tend to cater to the more hardcore adventure crowd as well, and are just a bit too "trail and error" 'esque for my tastes.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Return to Arctic Arcade