Wii games....

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

Wii games....

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:29 pm

has anyone played on a Wii? my brother got one yesterday, and I was just wondering if there are any worthy ones to get him (Christmas or something). So far, the only ones that really catch my eye are "Red Steel" and the Metal Slug Anthology.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:32 pm

I haven't heard very good things about Red Steel. It may be worth looking around online and finding out more about it to see if you really want to get it.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario are commonly said to be the best games on the Wii right now. Those might be worth a shot. I've also heard good things about Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Elebits and the wii version of Madden. If you're into party games, also consider Mario Party 8 or Rayman Raving Rabbids. Avoid Super Monkey Ball, it's poorly made.

As far as I know, the only two on-line games out are Pokémon Battle Revolution and Mario Strikers: Charged. I've heard good things about Mario Strikers, but have no personal experience with it myself. Pokémon Battle Revolution can be fun, but unless you have Pokémon Diamond/Pearl for the DS and can transfer your own Pokémon, you won't get much out of Battle Revolution. (You'd be stuck using the rental Pokémon, which suck)

Again though, take a look around on-line and find out more about the games before you rent them. These are just the games released now that I know about. By Christmas, there will probably be more options, with the most commonly talked about titles being Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:44 am

actually, I really enjoyed the first monkeyball game when it came out.... :biggrin thanks, Mega.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:51 pm

The first monkey ball was good. But the one for Wii sucks.

Edit: If you're gonna grab a madden game, I'm hearing bad things about 2008. 2007 might be a better option.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Return to Arctic Arcade