best video game ever...

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

best video game ever...

Postby Rapscallion » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:49 am

"Prey." Anybody want to top that?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:20 am

Question: What does it have on Gears of War, Halo, or other games of completely unrelated genres? Is it the best just because of it's new graphics and physics technology, which will soon become common, date the game, and make it no longer noteworthy? Or does it have a rewarding enough gameplay, storyline, and replayability value to make it a classic that people will still play years and years down the road, like Tetris or Silent Hill?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Megafrost » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:26 am

It isn't really possible to call any one game "the best game ever." What may be the best game for one person could be absolute crap for another. So the real question here isn't the best game, but rather, your favorite. But then, I don't like to call any game "my favorite" because I cycle through different games that I like to play, and I can't possibly name any one game that is my favorite of all time.

That said, Pokémon Pearl and Pokémon Battle Revolution have hold of my soul right now.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 pm

I find the plot to be gargantuan, and the world it's in to be even bigger. I also like the weapons, and (yes) the technology, and the characters I can really relate to.

You're right, Mega, I probably should have renamed it something "Favorite game ever." However, part of the reason I said "best" was because I want to see if someone can show me one that's even better.......but whatever. :bricks
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Arctic Arcade