Playing Wii can be a work-out

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

Playing Wii can be a work-out

Postby Megafrost » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:40 am

No seriously, while playing some Rayman, myself and my bros. were doing this "milking cow" game where we had to move our hands up and down alternately. So...I move them really frikking fast. Joe and George got a hoot out of it, even though I won, so they punished me by making us play it some more.

Now, let's see about bugging Giga about the internet capabilities of the Wii...I bet Runescape would be at least twice as fun if I was playing it through the Wii's internet browser. (I'm only kidding :p)
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:11 am

Yeah, you can post forums and do anything on that Wii. It's really fun, I heard. Try Runescape with the Wii... It must be fun.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:52 am

Over Giga's dead body. There's no way he'd let me do that. :p

The first thing to do is to convince him to actually do something about internet connection. Maybe he might once Dad is done fixing his computer.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:43 pm

Is he the computer whiz in your house?
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:48 pm

Nope. Dad is. Chronofrost is in second place.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:43 pm

Damn. Lucky. I have a dad who knows squat about computers which = no upgrade for christmas. :(
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Megafrost » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:17 am

My parents don't really know much about gaming, but somehow they are able to not only find the right game for the right console, but even the right version of the game.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Belkana » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:52 am

Wow, your parents male my father look like super dad or something.

The Wii loks fun but well in my dad's opinion it's "gay" so I probably won't ever be near one.
Moo. Meow.
Belkana
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:43 am

Has he even tried one?
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Belkana » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:32 am

No, he'd rather play with his X-Box. I don't happen to have anything against the X-Box, which reminds me to remind him of the list of things he is to bring with him this weekend...

I'm such a loser when it comes to console games, I mean I had to google Wii to find out what it was exactly.
Moo. Meow.
Belkana
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:18 pm

I see. Around here we're pretty much fanatics, though lately we've been getting a very negative view of Sony, making it much less likely that we'll ever get a Playstation 3.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Belkana » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:22 pm

I haven't heard anything about th PS3. I know my dad only has the X-Box because they were cheap when he got them, and easy to mod. Before that there was the Dreamcast. It's sitting in a box under my desk.
Moo. Meow.
Belkana
Traveler

Postby Megafrost » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:14 pm

A Wal-Mart employee tells me that whenever Wii shipments come in, they sell out within 15 minutes. Not only that, but I could swear I saw people there camping out in preparation for the next shipment... Release date was Nov. 19th, it's almost 2007 and people are still camping out trying to get them.

Giga was really lucky to get one. Terrafrost worked at a place that sold them and, unlike BestBuy(who prohibited their employees from buying Wiis until they were more available), allowed him first dibs on a console. So Terra got one and sold it to Giga.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:43 pm

Aw damn. I wish I was older and lived near you guys. :(

Oh, I just learned you can't play Runescape on the Wii. You'd need to be able to download java. There goes that possibility. :(
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Megafrost » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Ahh yes, that would be a problem. Thanks for the info, but it's not like Giga would've let me play it anyways. :p
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Return to Arctic Arcade