Legend of Zelda

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

Legend of Zelda

Postby Megafrost » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:17 am

So Giga recently got himself a Wii, and with it Twilight Princess. I decided that in preparation for that game, I'd play through Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and possibly Link to the Past.

While playing Wind Waker, I noticed that I really like going through the dungeons in these games. Then I noted that Wind Waker is rather lacking in the dungeon department. Only a few dungeons, and they aren't really all that long or challenging.

So after finishing Wind Waker, I start playing some Ocarina of Time. First thing to note is that there's a lot less time between dungeons than there is in WW, and there's probably like 8 or so fully-fledged dungeons, not counting Ganon's Tower, the well in Kakariko Village or the ice cave behind Zora's Domain.

The three spiritual stone dungeons as young Link are simple enough, but the five temples of the sages as adult Link take a lot of time for me to do. Forest temple took me about an hour or so to do, Fire temple at least that long, probably longer. The water temple? That one really does a number on me. I've been at it for about 2 hours and I'm not done yet.

I've been bugging Giga about Twilight Princess and the amount and length of dungeons. So far he tells me that the first dungeon took him an hour to do. I really hope the dungeons in TP do a number on me.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Damn. Lucky son of a..

You're Giga's neighbor? Go ask him why he hasen't been on FJ! :)
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:44 pm

We're brothers and live in the same house. :p

I'll pass on your message to him.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Jeez, he doesn't even share his Wii? Is it that fun? I peeked under my presents and found that trademark white space with green circles. It's a game console. Guess what it is?
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Megafrost » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:00 pm

Probably an Xbox 360.

He does share his Wii, but usually I make no attempts/requests to play it unless he's at work. Right now I'm just biding my time until I can freely play Twilight Princess, mostly by playing Ocarina of Time. Speaking of which, I finished up the Water and Shadow temples, and the segment of the Spirit temple I have to be young Link for.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:05 pm

Lucky son of a gun.... What does he look like while playing it? Do you actually.. you know, swing your EDIT: Wii handle thingy around?
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Yeah, most of the controls are based around movements of the remote and the nunchuk attachment. Technically only small movements are really necessary, so while playing Wii Sports, you don't have to actually stand up and swing it like an actual baseball bat, though I think that's more fun(and more work) to do.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Megafrost » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Ganon is now sealed in the sacred realm, and peace shall last throughout the land for the rest of eternity!*

* Warranty void if seal broken.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Megafrost » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:01 am

I decided to go ahead and play through Link to the Past. Unfortunately being an older game, it is finished much more quickly. Awesome game, though I think Ocarina of Time is better.

Now, just as soon as I can find a way to play TP, I'll be able to see how it ranks up...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Megafrost » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:53 pm

At last! Giga goes back to work today, so I finally get to start playing through Twilight Princess!

EDIT: Curses! In order to use my SD card for save game storage(as Giga will not allow me to use the Wii's internal memory), the Wii has to download an update.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:55 pm

GO GO GO! PLAY IT!
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Megafrost » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:28 pm

First the Wii has to download an update to be able to use the memory cards. We still haven't gotten it internet-connected yet, but given this issue I will eternally bug Giga until it is taken care of.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:46 pm

Well, while you wait, you could always just play it.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Megafrost » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:44 am

Except that the internal memory has already been used up by Giga, and in order to use it I would have to delete one of his games. Which would certainly be noticed by him and certainly lead to my being banned from using the Wii.
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dev » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:01 am

Damn. Now THAT sucks.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Next

Return to Arctic Arcade