Emerald Weapon in 1:18

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

Emerald Weapon in 1:18

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:45 am

It'd be an incredible video if it explained how it worked BEFORE or AFTER the battle instead of during it. It'll only be more annoying for us since it's in japanese and the majority of us on this board don't speak it.

Anyways, the 1:18 time is an in-game time...basically, the person fights Emerald Weapon without the underwater materia (IE, 20 minute time limit is present) so you can see the countdown.

Uber long URL name.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:55 am

i think i beat emerald weapon without the underwater materia, but it took me more like 15-20 min - not the ~1 min. that that video showed, heh.

as for how they did it... well, barret goes into battle with his limit break ready to be used. cloud uses one type of item (speed drinks?) two times on him (thanks to x item, i assume), and then barret attacks with his second lvl. 3 limit break. barret then goes into the materia screen, and it looks like all he has are command materia's (several mastered mime's and perhapes even double cuts?) that don't seem to be attached to anything, although i could be wrong (since i haven't played FF7 in a long time).

the yellow materia has two yellow stars, whatever that means, and the two shown seem to have the same name (whatever that name is). one yellow materia is attached to something that appears to be a gray materia (which is why i'm assuming its not there) with five gray stars. i'm not sure if they actually did anything in the materia window, but i suspect they didn't.

anyway, once the materia window is closed, barret uses his second option (which i assume is mime). he then attacks emerald weapon with the same limit break as he did before six more times. during this time, cloud doesn't attack, leading me to further suspect the use of the mime materia...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:42 pm

Wait a minute, so you're saying that he's miming the limit break? O.o
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Gigafrost » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:00 pm

He's miming the limit break. That's the key.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:17 pm

yup. and according to this site, limit breaks can indeed be mime'd.

also, i think mime's are probably *the* most important thing when fighting emerald weapon. when i fought him, i had several, in addition to two knights of the round - one attached to hp absorp, and the other attached to mp absorp (as i recall).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:18 am

Here's a video of it being done in English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWd38aVtlyI

And the orig. video (since the orig. URL no longer works):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9YUDhCecE

The English video is a bit longer then the orig. video, however, the English video spends about 3-4 minutes doing other stuff, afterwards. Also, the orig. video stops as the Emerald weapon is "vaporizing" away, whereas the English video doesn't (in fact, watching the English video makes me think that maybe the orig. video beat him in more like 1:20 - that they just cut the vaporization scene short, maybe).
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Arctic Arcade