Diablo II v1.10

A cool place to hang out and play word games, brag about your gaming skills or discuss PC, console or online games.

Moderator: Neerowolf

Diablo II v1.10

Postby Evlfrost » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:50 am

Its out!!! But I havnt been playing much so I havnt gotten to try it out. But my brother says that everything is much harder now. He died while trying to kill Mephisto on Nightmare-something he says he never does.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:45 am

uh oh - we might have a dry posting season comming up, hehe :lila:
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:01 am

I imagine that before our household updates we might try a few things...

First, I guess I'll need to search for an Um rune...I think it was an Um rune...then, err, I guess I need to socket my weapon. Hmmm...

Another thing to consider is that me and Chronofrost might want him to finish Hell difficulty before I get v1.10, since 1.10 might be too difficult...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby shadows_revenge » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:19 pm

When I logged on, it automaticly updates. You might be able to skip that and remain in v1.09. Ooh well, the cool thing that after it updates, you can view the changes made. One was that all monsters are harder and that Act 3,4, and 5 of hell are upgraded to be even harder. I couldn't even beat it in the first place. But this is the first time I have seen the ladder without it having level 99's.

Good luck on finding an Um rune, considering how rare they are.
"I promis you, Revenge!"
-Shadow
shadows_revenge
Recruit

Postby Gigafrost » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:31 pm

I think I can do it by killing the Countess on Hell difficulty quite a few times. It's about as rare as a couple of other things I've gotten...The Oculus...The Lidless Wall...etc...

I wonder if the list of changes is any different than the huge list they released for the beta months ago...I doubt they've changed much from that.

Any idea on how to get the Annihlus unique small charm? Last I checked everybody believed that Clone Diablo dropped it, but had no idea how to activate it other than through MPQ modifications...

Checking up on Google, it appears that people are fighting Clone Diablo on B.Net, and people are saying it's random...you apparently don't need to sell any SOJs, instead it appears that other games on the server can do it. The needed values appear to vary, though...

Diablo Clone takes the place of the first Super-Unique you run into...somebody like Rakinishu (sp?) in Act 1 guarding the Tristram portal. Also, the people who are having the easiest time fighting Diablo Clone are the people who have high resistances. People with low resistances apparently drop like flies. Diablo Clone also apparently regenerates health, and weapons that prevent monster heal appear to be useful...

Anyways, that's what I found when I looked...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Evlfrost » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:03 pm

shadows_revenge wrote:When I logged on, it automaticly updates. You might be able to skip that and remain in v1.09. Ooh well, the cool thing that after it updates, you can view the changes made. One was that all monsters are harder and that Act 3,4, and 5 of hell are upgraded to be even harder. I couldn't even beat it in the first place. But this is the first time I have seen the ladder without it having level 99's.

Good luck on finding an Um rune, considering how rare they are.

It only updates if you log on battle.net. Giga and chrono are playing over a lan game.

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby shadows_revenge » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:49 am

I didn't know that at the time. Still, good luck to you.
"I promis you, Revenge!"
-Shadow
shadows_revenge
Recruit

Postby Gigafrost » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:48 am

Meh, everybody here already updated, so I went ahead and did so too...

Well, I have to say that Chain Lightning is finally useful. Hurray...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Evlfrost » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:51 am

Hehe. Im not sure if this computer is upgraded yet. Now I have all the more reason to play so I can get my character up to level 80 or so so that I can use all the items I want. Then again, I might want to find those items first which isnt going to be too easy heh

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby shadows_revenge » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:59 pm

So Giga, do you only play Lan games or do you play battle.net also?
"I promis you, Revenge!"
-Shadow
shadows_revenge
Recruit

Postby Gigafrost » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:47 pm

I usually only play solo or with people I know. For the most part, I don't like interacting with people on battle.net since there are so many jerks online.

Anyways, my character is a level 82 sorceress. For the most part, her items are legit, but it occured to me that backing up my character in the past has, for the most part, made me think she's not entirely legit. Well, she's the closest to legit you'll find amongst the people around here. She's also been the character I've had since I first started playing... I've been going through pretty slowly, actually.

Just before this semester started, though, I finally grasped the concept of item runs, and became quite addicted to Nightmare Mephisto runs, getting many of the items I've been looking for.

Which reminds me...I need to rehost the Cow King game sometime...my level <5 paladin hosts a game on my slower computer, and I just drop items I find all over the place. Mostly Uniques, Set items, charms, and Gems\Jewels\Runes. Some Rare items that are worth keeping.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby shadows_revenge » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:02 am

If I ever decide to start Single Player again, I'll let you know. It may take me a while to find my own items though.
"I promis you, Revenge!"
-Shadow
shadows_revenge
Recruit

Postby Seraph » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:18 pm

i dont like teh new patch, except for the items, and the d clone is so hard, everytime someone dies he regenerats health so weapons that prevent moster heal dont work, i found out the hard way, about 49 or 50 times, hehe
I am owned by the Kaos
Seraph
Townfolk

Postby Megafrost » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:48 pm

No no, I don't think you've got it right. Items that prevent monster heal prevent it while you're in the middle of battle attacking. It doesn't place a permanent curse on the monster that it may never heal again.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Gigafrost » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:04 pm

As I understand it, Diablo Clone regenerates during battle, and that's what the prevent monster heal is for. So, Squirrel, what were your resistances what you fought him? What kind of character were you? What difficulty was it?

Which reminds me...they've really changed Act V a lot...the kinds of enemies crawling around are just...well...older in most cases. The Vipers are back, yes, and they're annoying as hell. They use poison spear, or something. It's an Amazon skill that I've never seen used. Last night they killed me, Evl, and Evl's brother all at least once on nightmare difficulty (our levels ranged from 54 to 82)
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Next

Return to Arctic Arcade